Warszawa Centralna to Chopin AirportOn September 30, 2014 by Emil
Since I got a cheap Norwegian Airlines flight from Warsaw to Barcelona, today I took the train from Krakow to Warsaw (~US$30) and then the SKM train from Warszawa Centralna to Chopin Airport.
Couple of notes:
- The intercity train from Krakow to Warsaw is pretty basic; for US$20 I could have gone 2nd class, but splurged for 1st. Main difference, I think, is less chance that the carriage will be full.
- The Centralna stop is not the last stop for the train, so be aware. Centralna is (in this case) the 2nd to last stop and the train terminates at the eastern station.
- The SKM train from Centralna to Chopin leaves from the train station but you use a regular transit ticket, and not an Intercity / PKP ticket. These can be bought on the train (looked like only automated coin machines though) or from the nearby bus / metro station machines. Only 4.4 zloty, or a little more than US$1.3.
- There is also a KM train from Centralna to Chopin… the difference is visible in the train listing on the station boards. KM or SKM will be somewhere in there. Tickets are bought on the train for a little more, 5.8 zloty I think. Apparently you can use a 4.4 zloty transit ticket too but the conductor has to validate it? Dunno, I had time so went for the SKM train.
- Either way, once you arrive at Chopin it’s quite a walk to Terminal A (the only one currently operating). I mean maybe 3 blocks worth! There was construction going on so maybe in future it will be easier, but be aware especially if carrying lots of bags. The bus stops seemed much better located, as well as the taxi stands.
Well, that’s it… next stop Barcelona!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.